CV | Xixia Zhang
Crystal growth and solid-state physics
The main focus of Xixia’s work is to grow transition metal chalcogenides (TMDCs) crystals and study their physical properties. Main related works include the improvement of growth method for high-quality and large-size TMDCs crystals, the defects, the phase transitions, the electronic, optical and magnetic properties. We are planning to investigate the electronic and magnetic properties of combination of TMDCs and magnets to explore the potential in spintronic.
2012 - 2017 Ph.D. State key laboratory of crystal materials, Shandong University. Supervisor: Prof. Xutang Tao.
2008 - 2012 Bachelor of Science School of materials and engineering, Shandong University (Polymer Materials Science and Engineering)
- Bridgman crystal growth technique; Flux method crystal growth; Synthesis methods including flux method and solid-state reaction.
- Mastery of sealing quartz tube by hydrogen-oxygen flame
- Determination of crystal structures by single-crystal X-ray diffraction analysis
- Exfoliation and characterizations of 2D nano-materials
- Basic thermal and optical characterization (DSC, TG, TMA, Fourier infrared spectrometer Photoluminescence and Refractive index test).
DSC and TMA training for master students and Ph.D. students in Institute of Crystal materials in Shandong University (2014-2017).
Doctoral studies scholarship of Shandong University (2014, 2015, 2016)
Outstanding graduate student of Shandong University (2015, 2016)
- Zhang Xixia, Lou Fei, Li Chunlong, Zhang Xiang, Jia Ning, Yu Tongtong, He Jingliang, Zhang Baitao, Xia Haibing, Wang Shanpeng*, Tao Xutang*, Flux method growth of bulk MoS2 single crystals and their application as a saturable absorber, CrystEngComm, 2015, 17, 4026-4032.
- Chunlong Li, Shanpeng Wang,* Xixia Zhang, Ning Jia, Tongtong Yu, Min Zhu, Duo Liua and Xutang Tao Controllable seeded flux growth and optoelectronic properties of bulk o-SiP crystals, CrystEngComm. 2017, 19,6986.
- Ning Jia, Shanpeng Wang*, Zeliang Gao*, Qian Wu, Chunlong Li, Xixia Zhang, TongTong Yu, Qingming Lu, and Xutang Tao*. Optimized Growth of Large-Sized LiInSe2 Crystals and the Electric–Elastic Properties, Cryst. Growth Des., 2017, 17 (11), 5875–5880.
- Tongtong Yu, Shanpeng Wang*, Huapeng Ruan, Chunlong Li, Xixia Zhang, Ning Jia, Jian Zhang and Xutang Tao*, Flux growth and characterization of an FeSi4P4 single crystal, RSC Adv., 2017, 7, 47938-47944.
- Liu Guangfeng, Liu Jie, Zheng Xiaoxin, Liu Yang*, Yuan Dongsheng, Zhang Xixia, Gao Zeliang, Tao Xutang*, Bulk crystal growth and characterization of semi-organic nonlinear optical crystal tri-diethylammonium hexachlorobismuthate (TDCB), CrystEngComm, 2015, 17, 2569-2574.
- Wang Shanpeng, Gao Zeliang, Zhang Xiang, Zhang Xixia, Li, Chunlong, Dong Chunming, Lu Qingming, Zhao Minglei, Tao Xutang, Crystal Growth and Effects of Annealing on Optical and Electrical Properties of Mid-Infrared Single Crystal LiInS2, Cryst. Growth Des., 2014, 14(11), 5957-5961.
- Wang Shanpeng, Liu Guandong, Shi Qiong, Zhang Xiang, Zhang Xixia, Li Chunlong, Gao Zeliang, Dong Chunming, Lu Qingming, Tao Xutang*, Modified Bridgman growth and characterization of a novel mid-infrared transparent optical crystal: LiGa3Te5, RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 27830-27836.
- Wang Shanpeng, Zhang Xixia, Zhang Xiang, Li Chunlong, Gao Zeliang, Lu Qingming, Tao Xutang*, Modified Bridgman growth and properties of mid-infrared LiInSe2 crystal, Journal of Crystal Growth, 2014, 401, 150–155.
Method for growing transition metal chalcogenide crystal by metal flux method. Tao, Xutang; Zhang, Xixia; Wang, Shanpeng, ZL2015 1 0172682.9.