CV | Oleksii Laguta
PhD in Lasers, Molecules, Atmospheric Radiation; Magneto-Optical Spectroscopy – Experiment and Theory.
2019 - present Postdoctoral Fellow at Central European Institute of Technology, Brno University of Technology, group of Magneto-Optical and THz Spectroscopy: Spin Dynamics at Terahertz Frequencies
2017 - 2018 Postdoctoral Fellow at Universit ̈at Stuttgart, Institut fu ̈r Physikalische Chemie, AG van Slageren: Development of Rapid Scan EPR at terahertz frequencies
2013 – 2016 PhD in Lasers, Molecules, Atmospheric Radiation, Universit ́e de Lille – Science et Technologie, Laboratoire de Physique des Lasers, Atomes et Mol ́ecules ”Magneto-optical investigations of Bismuth-doped silica glass”
2011 - 2013 M. Sc. in Radio Physics and Electronics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Faculty of Radio Physics ”Spectroscopic study of ferromagnetic nanoscale objects”
2007 - 2011 Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Faculty of Radio Physics, ”Magneto-dynamic resonance in large ferrite spheres”
• Magnetic resonance at low and high frequencies (CW, pulse and fast passage methods) • Optical spectroscopy
• Magneto-optical effects and spectroscopy
• Physical properties of nanoscale materials
• Structure and properties of solids and glasses
• Dynamic nuclear polarization - mechanisms and application
1. Multi-frequency rapid-scan HFEPR, EUROMAR2018, Nantes, France, July 1–5, 2015 (Poster)
2. High field EPR in frequency and field domains: toward the rapid scan regime, International Summer School on Physics at Nanoscale, Devˇet Skal, Czech Republic, June 12–17, 2017
3. Magneto-optical investigations of Bi-doped silica glass, Young Researcher Workshop 2017 SPP1601, Freudensdtadt, Germany, April 10–12, 2017 (Presentation)
4. Magnetic optical activity in Bi-doped Mg-Al-Si glass, International conference on Advanced Laser Technologies, Faro, Portugal, September 7–11, 2015 (Invited talk)
5. Anti-Stokes photoluminescence in Ga/Bi co-doped sol-gel silica glass, The European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, Munich, Germany, June 21–25, 2015 (Poster)
6. Magnetic circular polarization of luminescence in Ga/Bi and Al/Bi co-doped silica glasses, The European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, Munich, Germany, June 21–25, 2015 (Poster)
7. “On the optical centers in Bi/Ga(Al) co-doped silica glass”, International conference on Advanced Laser Technologies, Cassis, France, October 6–10, 2014 (Presentation)
8. “Surface modes in thin Permalloy films”, XIII International young scientists’ conference on applied physics, Kyiv, Ukraine, June 12–15, 2013 (Presentation)
9. “Out-of-plane angular dependence of ferromagnetic resonance in Permalloy thin films and arrays of nanodisks”, XIII International young scientists’ conference on applied physics, Kyiv, Ukraine, June 12–15, 2013 (Presentation)
Performing of experimental research in the field of magnetic resonance (FMR, SWR, (HF)EPR, NMR, etc) and its optical detection (ODMR), laser spectroscopy, magneto-optical effects (MCD, MCPL), spin noise spectroscopy. Analysis and interpretation of experimental data. Working experience on:
• magnetic resonance spectrometers (pulse/CW Bruker E580, CW Bruker E500, solid state Bruker Avance 400, homebuilt HFEPR spectrometer (80-1100 GHz))
• optical spectrometers (HORIBA Scientific, Ocean Optics, homebuilt spectrometers)
• magneto-optical cryostat SpectromagPT (Oxford Instruments)
• various cryogenic, vacuum and microwave instruments
• programming of instruments for the automatization of experiments
Languages: Ukrainian, Russian – native; English – advanced; French – intermediate
1. O. Laguta, M. Tuček, J. van Slageren, P. Neugebauer, “Multi-frequency rapid-scan HFEPR”, Journal of Magnetic Resonance 296, 138–142 (2018).
2. O. Laguta and I. M. Razdobreev, “Origin of near-infrared luminescence in Bismuth-doped silica and germanosilicate glass fibers : Crystal field modeling”, Optical Materials 84, 103–108
3. P. Neugebauer, D. Bloos, R. Marx, M. Kern, D. Aguil`a, J. Vaverka, O. Laguta, C. Dietrich, R. Cl ́erac and J. van Slageren, “Ultra-broadband EPR spectroscopy in field and frequency domains”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 20(22), 15528–15534 (2018).
4. O. Laguta, H. El Hamzaoui, M. Bouazaoui, V. B. Arion and I. M. Razdobreev, “On the nature of photoluminescence in Bismuth-doped silica glass”, Scientific Reports 7, 3178 (2017).
5. O. Laguta, B. Denker, S. Sverchkov and I. Razdobreev, “A magneto-optical study of bismuth- doped MgO-Al2O3-SiO2 glass. On the nature of near-infrared luminescence”, Quantum Elec- tronics 47(2), 123–135 (2017).
6. O. Laguta, B. Denker, B. Galagan, S. Sverchkov and I. Razdobreev, “Magnetic optical activity in Bi-doped Mg-Al-Si glass”, Optical and Quantum Electronics 48(2), 123 (2016).
7. O. Laguta, H. El Hamzaoui, M. Bouazaoui, V. Arion and I. Razdobreev, “Magnetic circular polarization of luminescence in bismuth-doped silica glass”, Optica 2(8), 663–666 (2015).
8. O. Laguta, H. El Hamzaoui, M. Bouazaoui, V. Arion and I. Razdobreev, “Anti-Stokes pho- toluminescence in Ga/Bi co-doped sol-gel silica glass”, Optics Letters 40(7), 1591–1594
9. O. Laguta and Yu. Kobljanskyi, “Surface modes in thin films of permalloy (NiFe)”, Bulletin of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Series: Radiophysics and Electronics 20, 24–26 (2013).
10. O. Laguta and Yu. Kobljanskyi, “Out-of-plane angular dependence of ferromagnetic resonance of permalloy thin films”, Bulletin of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Series: Radiophysics and Electronics 19, 37–39 (2013).